Before attending the ASHP Virtual Midyear Clinical Meeting & Exhibition, review through these tools & tips to make the most out of your experience.
Need technical help with the Intrado Platform or have a general question during the meeting? Visit the Help Central area (access available from the Lobby or top navigation bar) where ASHP and Intrado staff can help you during meeting hours.
- Sunday, December 6: 7:00 a.m. – 6:15 p.m. ET
- Monday, December 7 – Thursday, December 10: 9:00 a.m. – 6:15 p.m. ET
Having trouble logging in, please click on the “Forgot Password” link on the Midyear meeting platform log in page. The automatic password reset process will start.
If you do not receive an email in 15 minutes, please check your spam folder. If you don’t receive an email after 15 minutes, contact Intrado support at INXPOeventsupport@intrado.com or ASHP’s customer relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing Sessions and Events
- All scheduled meeting sessions and events will be held in Eastern Time (ET).
- The platform will open on Sunday, December 6 at 7:00 a.m. ET.
- To log in to the virtual meeting, use the credentials sent to you in the “Need to Know” attendee newsletter on December 3.
- The majority of the Midyear meeting content will be available until March 10, 2021.
- For security reasons, your virtual Midyear meeting login credentials only permit one login per user. You will not be able to access the meeting using multiple devices at the same time.
Preparing Your Equipment
- Use the latest version of Chrome or Firefox to access the platform. Other browsers are not compatible with the system. Do not use IE.To find your browser details, please click here.
- For the best experience, please log in from a desktop or laptop computer using Chrome or Firefoxas the browser. Mobile devices and iPads do not fully support all features of the platform.
- Be sure to log out of your company’s VPN if you are using a work computer.
- Please test and check your system at least 15 minutes prior to event. This includes your network connection, device battery life, and speakers.
- Close all apps that are not being used while you’re on the platform.
- If your company has a firewall in place, perform a system check to identify any potential issues. Certain firewall configurations can prevent the communication features from functioning properly.
- Disable pop up blockers.
What are the minimum requirements from my computer that I will need to participate?
The Technical Requirements can be found here.
Troubleshooting Technical Difficulties
- The webinar technology runs on higher bandwidth. Please know that some WiFi connections may be spotty. Used a wired connection if possible.
- Restart your computer before logging in to the platform.
- Some networks cause slides to advance more slowly than others. If your slides are behind or you are having audio issues, please try to refresh the page.
- If you are experiencing problems using the chat communication features within the meeting, it may be due to the configuration of your company's network. Certain firewall configurations can prevent the communication features from functioning properly. Click here for details.
Review the Zoom Tips below before Attending a Roundtable or Networking Session
- Download the latest version of Zoom on your computer or tablet: https://zoom.us/download
- Test to ensure your video and audio work: https://zoom. us/test
- If you are unable to download the app, you can join via Chrome Zoom Extension with full features: Zoom - Chrome Extension (access using Chrome browser).
- If you are unable to download the app or install the extension, you can join via web browser with limited features: https://join.zoom.us
Communication within the Virtual Midyear Meeting Platform
- There are 3 types of private communication within the platform: email messages, chats, and vCards (Virtual Business Cards). If you receive an email, vCard, chat request, connection, or announcement, you will be notified via a communication bubble that will display in the upper right-hand corner of your screen. You may accept or decline (add a message if you wish).
- Under the Profile tab (accessible under the Lobby menu item), you can connect with attendees using the “new” tab located in the email messages or chat section. If you would like to search for an attendee, you can either type in their name or click on “To” to open up the search window. Important tip: Under “type”, select “All” for the broadest search.
- You may also engage in a live chat while visiting Exhibit Hall booths, Residency Showcase booths, PPS, and the ASHP Pavilion booths. Look for the Chat with Us tab or staff drop down tab to connect 1:1 with booth personnel. (Look for the square with an arrow located at the top right side of the booth.)
Control Your Environment as Best You Can
- Mute other devices that might interfere with your computer audio.
- Create a learning-conducive environment, eliminating as many distractions as possible. Close out of other tabs and mute notifications, if possible.
- Prepare your space with anything you may need during the virtual program (appropriate chargers, note-taking materials, water, etc.).
Make the Most of Your ASHP Midyear Meeting Experience
- Check out the full meeting schedule at midyear.ashp.org in advance to plan your day.
- Once you access the virtual meeting platform, update your profile picture and information.
- Read the Attendee Navigation Guide [PDF].
- Take a detailed virtual tour of the meeting platform. (Note: The tour contains extensive information for those registrants who are also staffing an exhibit booth, Residency Showcase booth, or PPS.)
- Be sure to explore all areas of the meeting, including Programming, ASHP Pavilion, Exhibit Hall, Residency Showcase, PPS, Resources, Unwind & Play, and more! Be sure to note times areas are open with staff and industry partners available to chat.