- Utilize the meditation room (MB South, Banyan F, Level 3) - A meditation/quiet room will be available at the convention center. This room is intended to provide a quiet, calm space for attendees to meditate, pray, and spend time away from noise, lights, and other stimuli of meeting spaces. The meditation/quiet room is not available for conversations or meetings; please respect the intent of this space.
- Learn more about mindfulness during the educational session A Mindfulness-Based Approach to Mitigating Burnout in Clinical Pharmacists on Sunday, December 8 from 4 - 5 p.m.
- Explore the Expressions of Clinician Well-Being, a virtual art exhibit curated by the National Academy of Medicine to promote greater awareness and understanding of barriers to clinician well-being and solutions that promise a brighter future.
- Attend the ASHP Well-Being Collaborative for an innovative, interactive, and solutions-based day to kick-off your 2019 Midyear experience. Participate in a full day of activities focusing on issues that contribute to professional burnout and featuring participants from the National Academy of Medicine's Action Collaborative on Clinician Well-Being and Resilience.
- Participate in additional programming dedicated to the important topic of healthcare workforce well-being:
- Empowering the Healer: Results of the National Academy of Medicine (NAM) Consensus Study
- A Mindfulness-Based Approach to Mitigating Burnout in Clinical Pharmacists
- Preventing Burnout Through Work Design: A Primer for Healthcare Leaders
- Working Through the Unimaginable: Dealing with Loss or Suicide on the Team
- Code Silver: Are You Prepared for an Active Shooter?
- Creating and Sharing Stories to Inspire Change
- How to Do Vulnerability in the Workplace
- Join your colleagues in discussing strategies to impact well-being and resilience in pharmacists, pharmacy residents, student pharmacists and pharmacy technicians at the Workforce Well-Being and Resilience Roundtable Session on Wednesday, December 11 from 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m (MB South, South Seas F, Level 3).
- Encourage a friendly step-challenge competition with your colleagues or co-workers. Check out the number of steps from your hotel to the convention center.
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Eating Habits at Conferences
- Eating Healthy at Conferences
- Pack granola bars, snacks to eat other than vendor food.
- Try to order regular black coffee instead of sugary caffeinated drinks.
- Don't forget to pack your multivitamins.
- Remember to stay hydrated! Pack your reusable water bottle to conveniently fill-up at designated water stations throughout the convention center.
- Set a specified time to disconnect from social media at night.
- Create a Relaxation for Midyear playlist on Spotify.
Have questions about how you can stay well and thrive at #ASHP19? Tag @ASHPOfficial on social media channels.