Integrated Session Format
The BCGP Clinical Sessions will be held live throughout the Midyear meeting, and any meeting registrant may attend these thought-provoking and highly educational sessions. However, if you are board certified, you must purchase the package(s) for your specialty in order to receive the recertification assessment and claim the credit. This package includes the live sessions, recorded versions of the live sessions, and the recertification assessment available on December 18, 2019. Any recertification credit earned will be applied in the year in which you pass the assessment.
If you are currently enrolled in the 3-Year Recertification Plan or the Review and Recertification Reward Program, the BCGP Clinical Session Package is included as part of your enrollment.
Please note that the BCGP Clinical Sessions are a repeat of the sessions presented in October 2019 at the ACCP Annual Meeting. Learners may claim credit only once.
How to Participate
During the Midyear meeting registration process, add the desired recertification package (BCACP, BCCCP, BCGP, BCOP, BCPPS, BCPS).
- Attend the live sessions at the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting in Las Vegas.
- Unable to attend all of the sessions at the Midyear meeting? The recertification package also provides online recorded access to all of the sessions in your selected specialty.
- After the Midyear meeting, complete and pass the recertification assessments for the desired sessions. Each session provides 1 to 1.5 hours of credit.
- BCGPs may earn up to 5 hours of recertification credit. The assessments will be available online on December 18, 2019. Any recertification credit earned will be applied in the year in which you pass the assessment.
- Dual-certified? Passing a recertification assessment for a session with multiple certifications will provide you credits for each of your specialties. For example, by passing the assessment for the "When Life Happens" activity, you earn hours toward BCACP and BCGP. Sessions with multiple certifications are outlined in the Clinical Sessions table.
- Already registered for the meeting and want to add on a package? Here's how.
You must be a full Midyear meeting registrant to purchase the Intensive Studies or Clinical Sessions packages at the reduced rate* The price for 5 hours of recertification credit for the Live BCGP Clinical Sessions Package is $50 for Midyear meeting attendees. This includes the live sessions, recorded versions of the live sessions, and the recertification assessment.
*Online Clinical Sessions packages will be available for pre-sale on November 20, 2019 with content available on December 18, 2019. Clinical Sessions packages will be available for non-Midyear attendees to purchase at the regular list price.
|When Life Happens: Managing Diabetes in the Older Adult Across the Continuum of Care
(BCACP, BCGP) 1.5 hrs.
How Low Do You Go? Applying the 2018 American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association (ACC/AHA) Cholesterol Guidelines to Individual Patients
(BCACP, BCGP) 1 hr.
|Self-Care Considerations in Older Adults: Integrating Complementary and Alternative Medicine
(BCGP) 1 hr.
|JNC8 vs. 2017 American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association (ACC/AHA) Hypertension Guidelines: Which Should We Follow?
(BCACP, BCGP) 1.5 hrs.
BCGP recertification activities are developed in partnership with the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP).