Integrated Session Format
The Intensive Studies and Clinical Sessions will be held live throughout the Midyear meeting, and any meeting registrant may attend these thought-provoking and highly educational sessions. However, if you are board certified, you must purchase the package(s) for your specialty in order to receive the recertification assessment and claim the recertification credit.
Please note that the BCACP Clinical Sessions, BCGP Clinical Sessions, and BCOP Clinical Sessions are a repeat of the sessions presented in October 2019 at the ACCP Annual Meeting. Learners may claim credit only once. Clinical Sessions, while named differently, follow the same format as the Live Intensive Studies.
How to Participate
During the Midyear meeting registration process, add the desired recertification package (BCACP, BCCCP, BCGP, BCOP, BCPPS, BCPS).
- Attend the live sessions at the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting in Las Vegas.
- Unable to attend all of the sessions at the Midyear meeting? The recertification package also provides online recorded access to all of the sessions in your selected specialty.
- After the Midyear meeting, complete and pass the recertification assessments for the desired sessions. Each session provides 1 to 2 hours of credit and features immediate pass/fail notification with real-time reporting of recertification credit to BPS.
- A range of 4 to 6 hours of credit may be earned, depending on the specialty. Clinical Sessions assessments will be available on December 18, 2019. The Intensive Studies assessments will be available online on February 5, 2020.
- Dual- or triple-certified? Passing a recertification assessment for a session with multiple certifications will provide you credit for each of your specialties. For example, by passing the assessment for the Ketamine activity, you earn hours toward BCCCP, BCPPS, and BCPS. Sessions with multiple certifications are outlined below.
- Already registered for the meeting and want to add on a package? Here's how.
You must be a full-time Midyear meeting registrant to purchase the Intensive Studies or Clinical Sessions packages at the reduced rate*.The price for 4 to 6 hours of recertification credit for the Live Intensive Studies and Clinical Sessions packages is $50 per specialty for Midyear Clinical Meeting attendees. This includes the live sessions, recorded versions of the live sessions, and the recertification assessments.
*Online Clinical Sessions packages will be available for pre-sale on November 20, 2019 with content available on December 18, 2019. The online Intensive Studies package will be available for pre-sale on January 8, 2019 with content available on February 5, 2019. Both Clinical Sessions and Intensive Studies packages will be available for non-Midyear attendees to purchase at the regular list price.
If you are currently enrolled in a 3-Year Recertification Plan, 1-Year Pharmacotherapy Recertification Plan, or the Review and Recertification Reward Program (RRRP), the Intensive Studies or Clinical Sessions package is included as part of your enrollment.
BCPPS (4 hr)
Critical Care Pharmacy
BCCCP (4.5 hr)
BCPS (6 hr)
MONDAY, 12/9, 2:00–3:30 PM
The Use of Ketamine in Critically Ill Adults and Children
(BCCCP, BCPPS, BCPS) 1.5 hrs.
|TUESDAY, 12/10, 8:00–9:00 AM
Bad to the Brain: Impact of Neonatal Medication Use on the Developing Brain
(BCPPS) 1 hr.
|TUESDAY, 12/10, 8:00–9:30 AM
Strategies to Maximize the Safety of Your Smart Pumps
(BCCCP, BCPS) 1.5 hrs.
|TUESDAY, 12/10, 2:00–3:30 PM
Combating the #1 Killer in America: New Evidence and Guidelines for Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
(BCPS) 1.5 hrs.
|WEDNESDAY, 12/11, 8:00–9:30 AM
Is Pediatric Anticoagulation Experiencing a Paradigm Shift?
(BCPPS) 1.5 hrs.
|WEDNESDAY, 12/11, 2:00–3:30 PM
Controversies in Treating Infective Endocarditis in People Who Inject Drugs
(BCCCP, BCPS) 1.5 hrs.
Ambulatory Care Pharmacy, Geriatric Pharmacy, and Oncology Pharmacy activities are developed jointly with the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP). Clinical Sessions, while named differently, follow the same format as the Live Intensive Studies.
Accreditation for Pharmacists
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
The American College of Clinical Pharmacy and American Society of Health-System Pharmacists are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.