Bayside B, Level 1, Mandalay Bay South Convention Center
Residency Showcase Information
- 2019 Residency Showcase Floor Plan - A floor plan layout of participating programs. To change the session viewed, click "Other Session Maps" on the top right. Bayside B, Level 1, Mandalay Bay South Convention Center.
- 2019 Residency Program Listings - A searchable database of specific residencies offered by programs at the Residency Showcase.
- Residency Program Listings Instructions
- Virtual Residency Showcase - New in 2019, ASHP is hosting a post-conference event to allow you connect with programs you did no get a chance to meet on-site.
Tips for Prospective Residents
- The Residency Showcase is intended for the graduating class of 2020.
NOTE to P1-P3 students: The Residency Showcase is intended to be a forum for representatives from residency programs and 2020 resident candidates to meet, discuss their programs, and exchange information. Because of this, as well as the strong demand for residency positions, many residency program representatives will have limited time to speak with P1-P3 students during the showcase. We recommend that those students interested in seeing the showcase, but who will not be pursuing a residency in 2020, please wait until the second half of the session to enter the showcase. We also recommend attending the student educational sessions on Sunday, which are designed to help inform students about residency programs, and especially for you — Career Pearls on Monday and CV and Resume Writing on Tuesday.
- Your registration to the Midyear meeting allows you to participate in the showcase (no additional fees are necessary).
- Prepare in advance.
- Beginning in early November, view the Residency Showcase Listing.
- Determine which sites you want to visit during the showcase.
- Find out the date and time those sites will be at the showcase.
- Look at the diagram of the showcase and know where those sites will be located in the hall.
- Programs are listed by site, not by specific type of residency program offered.
- Participating sites exhibit during only one time slot. They do not exhibit at all sessions. Use the following key to find the time when the sites you want to see are displaying:
Series # Date/Time 4000 Series #s Monday, December 9
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
5000 Series #s Tuesday, December 10
8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
6000 Series #s Tuesday, December 10
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Not enough time to visit the sites you're most interested in? Ask the program representatives if they are available at another time during the meeting to talk with you.
- Some programs are also involved in the Personnel Placement Services (PPS). This allows time for one-on-one interviews but requires an additional fee to participate in this process.
- Be respectful of each program’s time. Have your questions prepared before you come to the showcase.
- Plenty of ASHP staff will be onsite to answer your questions. You can also contact us at email@example.com with your questions.
- Good luck to all prospective residents and residency programs for the next residency year!
Please direct any questions to the Residency Showcase Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.