Important Notes for 2020:
- ASHP will be hosting its annual Residency Showcase virtually in 2020 as part of the Midyear. As always, the Showcase will provide a unique opportunity to interact with representatives from hundreds of residency programs across the country over the course of two days.
- New Hours! Due to time zone concerns, Residency Showcase sessions will be moved back 2 hours each day. They will be offered on Monday, December 7, 3:00 p.m - 6:00 p.m. ET, Tuesday, December 8, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. ET, and Tuesday, December 8, 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. ET
Residency Showcase Information
- 2020 Midyear Virtual Platform (Access starts Sunday, Dec. 6 at 7:00 a.m. ET)
- List and times of participating programs - A list of participating programs and the session(s) in which they will be participating.
- 2020 Residency Program Listings
- Residency Program Listings Instructions
- Webinar - ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting Goes Virtual - Tips and Tricks for Navigating the Virtual Showcases - Recorded November 16
Tips for Prospective Residents
- The Residency Showcase is intended for the graduating class of 2021.
NOTE to P1-P3 students: The Residency Showcase is intended to be a forum for representatives from residency programs and 2021 resident candidates to meet, discuss their programs, and exchange information. Because of this, as well as the strong demand for residency positions, many residency program representatives will have limited time to speak with P1-P3 students during the showcase. We recommend that those students interested in seeing the showcase, but who will not be pursuing a residency in 2021, please wait until the second half of the session to enter the showcase. We also recommend attending the student educational sessions on Sunday, which are designed to help inform students about residency programs.
- Your registration to the Midyear meeting allows you to participate in the showcase (no additional fees are necessary).
- Prepare in advance.
- Beginning in early November, view the Residency Showcase Listing.
- Determine which sites you want to visit during the showcase.
- Find out the date and time those sites will be at the showcase.
- Programs are listed by site, not by specific type of residency program offered.
- Participating sites exhibit during only one time slot. They do not exhibit at all sessions. Use the exhibitor list and program listing portal to view the time when the sites you want to see are displaying
- Not enough time to visit the sites you're most interested in? Ask the program representatives if they are available at another time during the meeting to talk with you.
- Some programs are also involved in the Personnel Placement Services (PPS). This allows time for one-on-one interviews but requires an additional fee to participate in this process.
- Be respectful of each program’s time. Have your questions prepared before you come to the showcase.
- Plenty of ASHP staff will be available to answer your questions. You can also contact us at email@example.com with your questions.
- Good luck to all prospective residents and residency programs for the next residency year!
Please direct any questions to the Residency Showcase Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.