Residency Showcase – Information for Prospective Residents
- 2021 Residency Program Listings – Database of residency programs being advertised as available to discuss at the Residency Showcase. Use this resource to decide which programs to seek out while at the meeting. You can search the list by category or keyword to identify a prospective residency program and when/where to find the institution’s booth.
- List of participating institutions – An interactive resource to locate specific institutions at the Residency Showcase and route your visit to the virtual hall.
- Residency Program Listings Instructions
- Residency Showcase session times are scheduled to accommodate all time zones at the virtual event. Hours are as follows and in Eastern Time (ET):
- Monday and Tuesday PM session 3:00-6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday AM session 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Tips for Prospective Residents
- The Residency Showcase is intended for the graduating class of 2022.
NOTE to P1-P3 students: The Residency Showcase is intended to be a forum for representatives from residency programs and 2022 resident candidates to meet, discuss their programs, and exchange information. Because of this, as well as the strong demand for residency positions, many residency program representatives will have limited time to speak with P1-P3 students during the showcase. We recommend that those students interested in seeing the showcase, but who will not be pursuing a residency in 2022, please wait until the second half of the session to enter the showcase. We also recommend attending the student educational sessions on Sunday, which are designed to help inform students about residency programs.
- Your registration to the Midyear meeting allows you to participate in the showcase (no additional fees are necessary).
- Prepare in advance.
- Beginning in early November, view the Residency Showcase Listing.
- Determine which sites you want to visit during the showcase.
- Find out the date and time those sites will be at the showcase.
- Programs are listed by site, not by specific type of residency program offered.
- Participating sites exhibit during only one time slot. They do not exhibit at all sessions. Use the exhibitor list and program listing portal to view the time when the sites you want to see are displaying
- Not enough time to visit the sites you're most interested in? Ask the program representatives if they are available at another time during the meeting to talk with you.
- Some programs are also involved in the Personnel Placement Services (PPS). This allows time for one-on-one interviews but requires an additional fee to participate in this process.
- Be respectful of each program’s time. Have your questions prepared before you come to the showcase.
- Plenty of ASHP staff will be available to answer your questions. You can also contact us at [email protected] with your questions.
- Good luck to all prospective residents and residency programs for the next residency year!
Please direct any questions to the Residency Showcase Team at [email protected].