Connect, Learn, and Grow at ASHP Midyear: Volunteer as a Peer-To-Peer Poster Partner
Are you a pharmacy student looking to expand your network and explore the exciting world of research? ASHP invites you to be part of a unique and enriching experience as a Peer-to-Peer Poster Partner at this year's Midyear Meeting. This exclusive opportunity offers a multitude of benefits to both your personal and professional development. Registration for the Midyear meeting is required for all participants.
Why Volunteer as a Poster Mentor?
- Expand Your Network: Connect with fellow pharmacy students from across the country and establish meaningful connections by introducing yourself and learning about the poster presenters. Share your experiences and engage in insightful discussions about their research.
- Dive into Cutting-Edge Research: Gain firsthand insights into the diverse field of research. Ask presenters to share the intricacies of their research, from their motivations to the potential impact of their projects.
- Enhance Your CV: Gain valuable experience in mentorship, communication, and networking, which can be a standout addition to your CV and set you apart in future academic and professional endeavors.
- Exclusive Recognition: As a Peer-to-Peer Poster Partner, you'll receive an exclusive Poster Mentor Ribbon from ASHP staff, which you can proudly display on your conference badge. This ribbon is one easy way you can set youself apart at Midyear.
Ready to start? No need to sign up - just follow these simple steps:
- Choose a Student Poster Session
- Monday, Dec 4: 10:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m., 12 p.m. – 1 p.m., or 4:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec 5: 10:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. or 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- The poster hall is located in the Anaheim Convention Center, Hall E
- Select 4-5 Discussion Questions
- Pick your favorite questions from the list below to spark engaging conversations.
- Don't forget to take a screenshot of the peer-to-peer questions for future reference.
- Engage with Poster Presenters
- Approach student poster presenters with your selected discussion questions and introduce yourself as their Peer-to-Peer Poster Mentor.
- Aim to interact with 1-3 presenters.
- Capture a Selfie
- Ask your poster presenter for a selfie, and share your experience by tagging @ASHP with #ASHP23 to amplify your impact.
- Claim Your Exclusive Ribbon
- Stop by the Poster Mentor booth in the Poster Hall to receive your exclusive Poster Mentor ribbon from ASHP staff.
Peer-to-Peer Poster Partner Questions
- Introduce yourself and ask the poster presenter to introduce themselves.
- Can you tell me about your research?
- What made you interested in this topic?
- How did you develop your topic idea?
- What did you find interesting about conducting research?
- How did you get involved in research?
- How did you find a research mentor?
- Why was this approach/tool/theory the most appropriate for your project?
- Where do you go from here with this research?
- What was the most interesting/surprising/challenging part of this project?
- Would you recommend I consider presenting a poster next year?
Thank you for your participation in our Peer-to-Peer Poster Partner program! Your contributions have had a significant impact, and we value your involvement. If you have any feedback to share, please don't hesitate to email us at [email protected].