What is a Spotlight Poster?
Spotlight Posters are professional posters providing informal discussions among conference attendees about select topics that are being highlighted in 2021. Poster presentations provide an excellent opportunity to share your creative approaches, challenges, and innovative ideas in pharmacy. The Midyear Clinical Meeting & Exhibition Spotlight Posters are open to pharmacy practitioners.
ASHP will be accepting poster submissions from August 15 to October 1 (11:59 p.m., Pacific Time).
Spotlight Poster topics include:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- PAI 2030
Examples of subjects within these Spotlight Poster topics
Members and affiliates are invited to present posters describing their state and advocacy efforts, including:
- Legislative or regulatory advocacy efforts on priority topics (e.g., reimbursement, scope of practice expansion, white bagging),
- Examples of building advocacy coalitions beyond pharmacy,
- Best practices in engaging members in grassroots advocacy outreach, communications and messaging in support of advocacy,
- Models to leverage SSHPs and pharmacy students in advocacy (e.g., participation in outreach to policy makers, phone banking in support of specific legislation).
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Topics and perspectives surrounding Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the healthcare and pharmacy space
- Implementation and use of innovative strategies and solutions to further pharmacy practice
Members, organizations, and state affiliates are invited to present posters describing their efforts with the adoption and implementation of the ASHP PAI 2030 recommendations, including:
- Application of the ASHP PAI 2030 Self-Assessment Tool to prioritize actions for implementation,
- Process used to integrate and pinpoint focus of recommendations that are most feasible and impactful,
- Identification of education, resource, and research needs and areas for targeted advocacy,
- State efforts to assess alignment with recommendations, a method for prioritization to close gaps, and the celebrating of successes,
- Vignettes demonstrating a best practice by implementation of a recommendation (e.g., pharmacist-provided comprehensive medication management, expansion of pharmacist and pharmacy technician roles, integration of pharmacy enterprise to offer seamless transitions of care, adoption of personalized, targeted therapies,
- Harnessing of data to improve patient health,
- Reducing public health inequities by addressing social determinants of health.
Presenting a poster at an ASHP meeting is a voluntary effort and ASHP cannot pay expenses for your participation. If your submission is accepted, you are responsible for your own meeting registration fee and travel. All presenters must be registered for the meeting.
Contact Us: [email protected]